I just dumplicate the mail and add some more pics :)
Moved to kdereview/plasma/applets/
It's mainly an applet for input methods, so that persons use difference input methods can share the same user interface and the unified systemsettings input method configure integration.
And also include a standalone application and a control module for systemsettings now.
Its main features:
- Multiple backend support, currently support SCIM and IBus(1.1.0+ version)
- Able to float out and embbed into panel dynamically, The floating statusbar(a qwidget) is just a view on the same qgraphicswidget.
- Skin support:
- You can choose the skin to follow current plasma theme, then it will auto switch skin when user change plasma theme.
- Use custom theme, support install theme from Get Hot New Stuff
- KCModule based configure, config pages for ui, backends are combined to one dialog.
- Provide a standalone version with floating statusbar only if you don't want to add the applet to panel.
Its design is simple, just provide a dbus service for input methods
Backends(SCIM,IBus, fcitx ...) <-------->dbus<---------->kimpanel (org.kde.impanel)
communicate by signals only.
Currently the above features are finished, Except:
- Only one kcmodule for ui now, haven't provide kcmodule for backend,
- The kcmodule is working, but lack help text, theme auto preview , other eyecandies........
- The extra two themes are only make for horizontal statusbar and horizontal candidate window layout only, but default theme fully working.
The backend need to be configured before test this applet, see backend/scim/README and backend/ibus/README
You can even mix use SCIM and IBus for different types of programs(eg. scim for qt, IBus for xim and gtk), but you still have the same user interface
and can't tell the difference without looking at their logo icon.
I'd like to include it in KDE 4.3 but it will be soft freeze is in early April,
So i think i have to ask for review now.