As my first post, first say hello to everyone :)
Want a fancy input method user interface?
Want to put it inside your panel ?
I'm currently writing a plasma applet for input method, which enables different input methods (scim etc..) to share same unified user interface under KDE.
Its main features are there and with a fully working scim backend.
Have a look at some pics:
- Not a new input method, user interface only.
- DBus-based, signal only backend<->user interface communicate
- Svg themed, currently theme according to your plasma theme.
- Layout to try to make the icon as large as possible under certain size.
- Can expand/collapse from an applet to widget.
And it also break the situation which we only have gtk based input method now whose user interface is designed without concern KIG, KDE integration ...
The source code is under playground/base/plasma/applets/kimpanel
If you're a CJK person whom use input method a lot, have a try ！